[LRUG] Outsourcing

Alan Buxton alanbuxton at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 02:32:32 PST 2012

Hi Rob (and LRUG)

I spoke to the c42.in guys a while ago. Very impressive and said all the
right things (e.g. all their work was BDD and pair programmed, not
negotiable).

I would say don't go offshore purely from a cost point of view - esp once
you factor in things like timezone differences, communication overheads, R&D
tax credits etc you won't save much money.

Having said all this I tend to look at Eastern Europe for my outsourcing
needs and right now am working with a couple of teams out that way. One of
those teams in particular is from a company that was born out of some
offshoring work for a big bank. Happy to talk further and put you in touch
if you want.

I won't be at LRUG on Monday unfortunately (big release to get finished and
out by then). But do drop me a line off-list if you want any intros.