[LRUG] February is a short month, so we have short talks

Jakub Šťastný stastny at 101ideas.cz
Thu Jan 12 06:58:07 PST 2012

Richard: That sounds interesting indeed!

----

At VMware/RabbitMQ we work on a project called SockJS which is, to cut
long story short, a WebSocket emulation library. You're probably
familiar with socket.io which does just that. However SockJS is
language-agnostic, much simpler, without unnecessary dependencies,
using WS(-like) API ... The Ruby client is Rack compatible, although
it works only with Thin (as support for asynchronous response is
required). So if you guys are interested, I'd be happy to talk about
it. Here are few links:

- https://github.com/sockjs/sockjs-ruby (still in progress, but will
be finished till February)
- http://www.rabbitmq.com/blog/2011/08/22/sockjs-web-messaging-aint-easy