[LRUG] [NOTJOBS] mid-week recruiter bashing

Alan Buxton alanbuxton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:39:37 PDT 2012

Hi all

I know how much you lot enjoy a bit of gossip about recruiters - this may tickle you. This one recruiter seems to have been quite busy today on the email. I got two emails today from the same individual.

One to a personal email address that said
=======================
Description
We are looking for passionate developers with Ruby and Ruby on Rails skills, who have at least 2 years commercial experience. We are especially keen to talk to those with talents beyond the constraints of those languages, although our core functionality is currently being developed in Ruby and RoR.

The role requires a good all-rounder, someone who is willing to 'muck in' when needed and take responsibility for processes and tools when required, and someone who is keen to learn and apply new skills and techniques.

Etc etc - the usual stuff

And one to my work address that said:
I recently caught wind of an opening with MarketMaker4 for a Ruby on Rails Developer. I have some good contacts of expertise who have some great experience in this area and I wanted to find out if you were heading up this particular post?.

I have 10 years recruitment experience in the IT Industry. I appreciate you may already have a PSL or established relationships with other suppliers, however I would be very keen to work with you on this role and I’m sure you will be pleasantly surprised by the results as I can provide you with some great options for this post.
Etc etc

Not that I do have an opening at MarketMaker4 but I'm almost tempted to invent one so I can apply for it and see how far I get.