[LRUG] Rails without Rails

James Hunt ohthatjames at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 05:18:47 PDT 2012

Hi all,

A few weeks ago I used a hackday at notonthehighstreet.com to try and
develop a small app separating Rails and the database from the domain[0].
When I wrote about it before I said I'd try and publish the code I've got
so far. So I've written a follow up with links to the repo at
http://ohthatjames.github.com/2012/06/30/rails-without-rails-code/.

It's very rough, but it has some separation of various layers of an app (a
PORO domain independent of Rails and a DB) which may be of interest to
those trying to do similar things. I'm really interested in feedback: what
people think about this approach, what they've tried that's similar, what
challenges they faced. Or, if people think this is overkill, I'd be
interested in seeing how they're developing large Rails apps in a
maintainable way.

So, what think you, LRUG?

James

[0] http://ohthatjames.github.com/2012/06/17/rails-without-rails/