[LRUG] [JOBS] Wanted! Senior Ruby Dev

Riccardo Cambiassi bru at codewitch.org
Thu Jul 19 14:10:50 PDT 2012

Hi all,
without much ado: here at Dachis Group London we are currently looking for
at least 1 (permanent) senior ruby guy.

The "formal" job description is at
http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?viewJob=&jobId=3267156&trk=job_nov
but here's a shorter list of things you may want to know:
. we try to work in an agile way: projects are managed either following
Scrum (for clients) or kanban (mostly for internal projects) and to be
honest we're pretty good at keeping clients involved.
. we tend to use Rails for bespoken development, but also like Sinatra for
prototypes and simpler APIs.
. in the last couple of years we've been working quite extensively with
stuff like Cassandra, Solr, Hadoop and AWS, so knowing how to deal with
them (i.e. setup, operations, scaling issues, performance tuning) is
definitely a plus.
. we take our BDD quite seriously, so if you don't like rspec, cucumber and
the like, then I'm afraid this is not the job you're looking for.

If you're interested, london.jobs at dachisgroup.com is where to send your
application.
Sadly I'll be travelling in August, so I won't be able to attend the next
meeting, but I'm more than happy to answer any question you may have via
email.

Looking forward to reading from you,

Riccardo CAMBIASSI
riccardo.cambiassi at dachisgroup.com