[LRUG] How can you tell if TDD was used on a project

Chris Parsons chris.p at rsons.org
Wed Mar 21 03:28:39 PDT 2012

On 21 Mar 2012, at 08:45, Steve Tooke wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 8:08 AM, Anthony Green <anthony.green at bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> You have two projects, both with the same specification but only one of these projects was developed using Test Driven Development. You are given the source for both but with the tests removed from the TDD project. How can you tell which was developed using TDD?
>
> The simplest answer:
>
> The codebase that was TDD'd will likely be easier to write tests for.

That would be a fun dojo to run, actually... give teams of 2-3 people a spec to work to, and an hour to do it.

Half the teams have to write tests. The other half are not allow to write any tests.

At the end, compare the production code, talk about the experience, and see who managed to complete the spec...

Might be a good submission for SC2012 if I can organise myself :)

Chris

--
Chris Parsons
chris.p at rsons.org