[LRUG] What do people want to do with their career?

Anthony Green anthony.green at bbc.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 23:47:44 PDT 2012

I'm continually disappointed by the quality of the recruitment
offerings. All of which pretty much reduce the posting "to we want a
code monkey of type Foo with skills x, y and z"

I always admired Eden and Chris Parson's holistic belief when taking on
staff. For BBC Future Media, the security of our income model means
there's occasionally room for individuals who share those same values to
try and emulate Chris' approach.

Is it economic uncertainty that means companies don't follow the Eden
way or just a lack of maturity in our industry?

--

Anthony Green
Media Playout