[LRUG] server admin UI on VPS?

Mickael Riga mig at campbellhay.com
Mon May 21 11:06:59 PDT 2012

Another thing you might consider :
I might be wrong because I never investigated properly as I never needed it, but as much as I prefer NGINX over Apache, depending on the case maybe you will be better with Apache.
The thing is that there is not really the concept of .htaccess files.
You have to do these things in NGINX config file (which are simpler by the way).
And you have to restart the server after a modification.
That could be limiting as not all panels handle NGINX (not sure I don't use panels and do everything in command line).
And it does not allow you to delegate some config to the owner of an app (at least the apache way).

Maybe you don't care but just wanted to mention.
And again I might be wrong as I never needed it desperately.

Mig