[LRUG] smtp as a service

Mark Weston mark at markweston.me.uk
Tue May 22 01:48:17 PDT 2012

Hi LRUG,

long-time lurker, first time poster.

The team I'm working with are probably looking to use an external service
to handle our transactional emails (verification of newly signed up users,
password reminders etc) and a low volume of marketing emails.  A bit of
research throws up a number of service providers who do this sort of thing
(sendgrid, mailjet, mailchimp etc) but within our team we don't have
personal experience of using any of them.  Does anyone out there have any
recommendations based on your experience?

The criteria we're most interested in are the quality/reliability of
service and how easy it is to use their API from a Rails app.

Thanks in advance.

Mark Weston