[LRUG] Ruby Hot Desk Follow Up

john johnrkat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 03:02:28 PST 2012

Hi All

I e-mailed a few weeks ago about having some spare desks available for
Ruby programmers that would like come and work in an office environment
and be around other Ruby programmers. We liked the idea of being able to
collaborate with others from the Ruby community in a day to day working
environment.

Many of the interested people that contacted me inquired about being
able to drop in from time to time rather than occupy desk space on a
more permanent or regular basis. The people contacting me ranged from
students to freelancers that often worked from home or were required to
come to London for client meetings etc.

To embrace the requirements of these people we have decided to adopt a
more flexible approach to our Ruby hot desk offer. Consequently, we are
offering the desks (when available and on a fair usage policy) to people
who may want to come in for a 1/2 day to day from time to time. All you
need to do is give us at least 24 hours notice before coming and joining
us and a wiliness to collaborate and express your professional opinions
from time to time and we'll call it even.

If you are interested in taking part just drop me an e-mail (with the
subject Ruby Hot Desk) by return or on my work e-mail
john.kat at dpluse.net or mobile 07776214842 and we'll pick it up from
there. For those that didn't see my last e-mail here is a little bit
more about us:

Company Name: SecretEarth - start-up company in the running for 2 years.
Business: Travel with a difference...
Office Location: Marylebone, Bell Street, NW1 6SP between Edgeware Road
and Marylebone Tube Stations.
Office Space: 4 available desks some with 27 inch screens.

Regards

John Kat.
Technoloy Director