[LRUG] Take 2 parts developer, 1 part product-manager, shake with ice & offer me a contract [JOBS]

Alex Heeton alex at heeton.me
Mon Nov 19 14:52:01 PST 2012

Matthew (and everyone),

I think you're right.

When I moved to London a year ago, I joined a startup only to quit after my
3 month trial. The company was too big, I realised I had to aim a lot
smaller to make a serious difference in the product.
So then I joined Enthuse, and while I really enjoyed myself, they already
had a product manager, and it just turned out that I again didn't have as
much impact as I had hoped. (And that's my fault too, I made some wrong
assumptions.)

At both places I took, and subsequently gave up, a decent chunk of my
income as equity. So, until I have found something really suited to me, I'm
contracting instead of hopping around as a serial employee.

I'll still try to find somewhere perfect though :)