[LRUG] November talk proposal

Gerhard Lazu gerhard at lazu.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 15:53:31 PDT 2012

> bsdm[1] style ?
> Fred
> [1]:https://bdsm.beginrescueend.com

It does have some resemblance to sm - in particular the modular structure -
but it's far more lightweight and very straightforward. Simple always wins
in my books.

This sounds really interesting. I'm less and less fond of the complex
> and over-engineered Ruby development and infrastructure tools that
> seem to have proliferated lately, and more keen on mature software
> that works just as well.

Paul

It all started with a very simple question: "If I had to deploy this app
manually, what commands would I run?". From there, I was able to come up
with a single utility that worked just the same for legacy PHP systems,
Ruby services (from EM daemons to Rails), node.js hipsterisms and even
statically generated sites. When I wanted to notify New Relic of new
deployments, it took me 5 minutes to implement (where 4 minutes was reading
their documentation).