[LRUG] [Jobs] Tech Lead - Ruby & Javacript (Ember.js) - Stealth Start-up

Alex Shepherd alex.shepherd at monarchit.co.uk
Tue Sep 18 01:14:32 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I hope this finds you well? I was wondering if you could help me, I am looking for a tech lead (£60-75k) and 2 more developers (£35-45k) for a stealth start-up near Shoreditch, London. I was wondering if you would know anyone who may be interested in this kind of role. I offer a generous referral bonus for any successful placement.

A Tech Lead / Lead Ruby & Javascript developer is sought to work on brand new product development on a bleeding edge 50/50 Ruby and Javascript Stack (ember.js / ember) for an exciting new start-up born out of a major idea generation and R&D project within a worldwide online video firm.

The Tech Lead developer joining this stealthy startup will need to have a wealth of skills in the Ruby and Rails space including APIs, Web Services and application development, be comfortable with testing and have a true passion for the language. In addition you will couple this with a keen understanding for proper javascript development in terms of application builds using object oriented OO javascript, applying MVC, MV*, techniques and frameworks. Here you'll get you're hands on the much celebrated Ember Ember.js and ideally you'll have developed something in it already, have played with it at home, or planning to use it in your next project (githubs please :D ) If not don't worry, proven experience in other Javascript frameworks such as Backbone, knockout, spine, underscore or other MVC frameworks will be fine.

The successful Tech Lead / Lead Ruby & Javascript developer will find themselves joining a development team of three and a wider team of seven working on one of the most exciting products in recent years with a truly massive potential. Backed by major tech VCs and a hugely connected CEO this is the kind of startup that will certainly propel your career in the London tech scene. As the tech lead you will be responsible to the architectural roadmap, and technology decisions throughout the product lifecycle. Despite the product being at alpha stage and iitial stack being in place, there is still much work to be done and many features to be added (the product is in an early phase), with this in mind you will have free rein to make the decisions at the top that will drive the use of technology moving forwards.

Key skills:
Ruby, Rails, RoR
Javascript
MV* / MVC Frameworks
Ember, Backbone, Knockout, Underscore etc.

Due to the nature of the project, the description is naturally limited but certainly one I can explain and indeed demonstrate following expressed interest in this position.

Tech Lead - Ruby Developer, Javascript Developer, RoR, Rails, Javascript, Ember.js, Ember, Backbone, Knockout, Underscore - Well funded, exciting start-up, Shoreditch, Greenfield product development - £60,000 - £75,000

For more information please get in touch.

Kind regards,

Alex Shepherd | BSc (Hons) | MIRP | CertRP
Managing Consultant | Monarch Digital
Email      alex.shepherd at monarchit.co.uk <mailto:alex.shepherd at monarchit.co.uk>
Phone    020 7871 1017
Mobile   07875 354 681
Follow      <http://www.monarchit.co.uk/>   <http://twitter.com/DigitalJobs_UK>   <http://uk.linkedin.com/in/alexshepherdmonarch>   <http://digitaljobs.posterous.com/>

This message is intended solely for the use of the individual or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged or confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, alter, or disclose the contents of this message. All information or opinions expressed in this message and/or any attachments are those of the author and are not necessarily those of Monarch Recruitment Ltd or its affiliates. Monarch Recruitment Ltd accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from its use, including damage from virus. If you wish to be removed from the database or feel this email has no business with yourself, then please click on the following removal link to be removed from our database removal at monarchrecruitment.co.uk

Monarch Recruitment Ltd, 8th Floor, Temple Point, 1 Temple Row, Birmingham, B2 5LG. Company Reg No: 2774106, VAT No. 806 6627 20.