[LRUG] [JOBS] Cosm needs a senior engineer

Levent Ali lebreeze at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 03:11:24 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

We are after one more amazing person to join our team.

Our status quo:
Our API receives tens of millions of datapoints a day and is extremely write heavy.
Currently we are moving to Cassandra for our raw datapoint store.
We have spiked writing our storage layer in Ruby / JRuby / Java / Go and have finally settled on Clojure.
The API itself is written in Rails as is the website(s) and most of our other services.

We have a messaging infrastructure built on top of RabbitMQ which is a mangled mix of Node.js / EventMachine / magic and folklore.
That enables various realtime connection to your data whether it be via a WebSocket, raw TCP or MQTT.
It requires a re-think and we'll be working on this a lot in the upcoming months.

We are also currently expanding our commercial product so hardware manufacturers can manage massive deployments of internet enabled products.
This is and will be used for provisioning (device activation), firmware updates, remote support, analytics etc.

Some of our other projects include the Air Quality Egg (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/edborden/air-quality-egg).
Usman, our founder, does all kinds of crazy shit here (http://haque.co.uk/) whilst planning a ton of city-scope projects for Cosm (with New York, Boston, Seoul to name a few coming soon).

We are looking for someone who is interested in creating/fixing/scaling any or all of the above and who will challenge and help guide our architectural and business decisions going forward.

The company:
* Cosm was formerly known as Pachube and we were recently acquired by LogMeIn.

What I can guarantee:
* money
* foosball
* fun
* a wonderful team
* a great office (between Old St. and Liverpool St. in London)
* a lot of positive challenges and enough autonomy / support to succeed
* a hack day every Friday (lots of hardware / soldering irons included free of charge)
* we're all going to the beach in Malta next week (you'll get to go next year)

We are looking for a full-time commitment.
No recruiters, obviously.

If you'd like to know more about us, the role, LogMeIn or the 'Internet of Things' please get in touch.

Thanks for your time!

Levent
levent.ali at cosm.com