[LRUG] s/Puppet/Puppet Enterprise/

George Ornbo george at shapeshed.com
Thu Sep 20 01:30:08 PDT 2012

I'm currently involved in an infrastructure project and reached for my
trusty friend Puppet that I've used to good effect a few times before.
Strange DSL aside I love it.

Whilst brushing up on documentation I saw that Puppet has gone all
"Enterprise" and that the link to the Free, Open Source version is now
demoted to a small text link at the bottom of the page.

I'm not at all averse to paying for software but I wondered what the
general sentiment was on the direction of Puppet Labs? Hopefully they
are not going to do Open Source the Oracle way.

--
George Ornbo
http://shapeshed.com