[LRUG] [Workflow] Getting a Pull Request from creation to merge

Matthew Rudy Jacobs matthewrudyjacobs at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 07:35:45 PDT 2013

On 19 August 2013 14:32, George Sheppard <george at fuzzmonkey.co.uk> wrote:

> I normally have 'not ready' or 'do not merge' in the PR title /
> description then ping people once its actually ready for merging via a
> github comment or on campfire. I also remove the in progress message, so it
> tends to be fairly obvious when a PR is ready for merge.

I guess this is just a hack around Github's Pull Requests

If only Github renamed them "Feature Branches"
and a "pull request" was just a function of the state of the branch.

What we'd want to achieve is

   - A feature branch is created
   - We can subscribe to commits on that branch
   - We can comment on the state of the branch
   - Once its ready to pull, we issue a pull request
   - We can reject is and revert to state back to "in progress"