[LRUG] [Workflow] Getting a Pull Request from creation to merge

George Sheppard george at fuzzmonkey.co.uk
Mon Aug 19 06:32:04 PDT 2013

I normally have 'not ready' or 'do not merge' in the PR title / description then ping people once its actually ready for merging via a github comment or on campfire. I also remove the in progress message, so it tends to be fairly obvious when a PR is ready for merge.

I normally have a gut feeling about a branch / pull request. I tend to trust this and reach out to the rest of the team if I'm not sure on something just by pinging across the link to the PR with some comments. By discussing on the PR, even before its ready, there is some additional context for anyone reviewing at a later date.

Regards,

George