[LRUG] Reading Outlook Contacts

Andrew Stewart boss at airbladesoftware.com
Thu Feb 7 01:12:59 PST 2013

On 6 Feb 2013, at 12:28, Andrew Stewart wrote:
> I'm writing some code to read the CSV files you get when you export contacts from Outlook as "Comma Separated Values (Windows)".  Unfortunately I don't have any example files to work with and I can't find a good description of the output on the web.  And surprisingly there doesn't seem to be any open source Ruby which does this already.

Thanks everyone for all the help.

I like the way choosing the "Comma Separated Values (Windows)" option gives you tab separated data.  And the column names are quite creative in places.

Anyway, since there doesn't appear to be a gem to do this (which still surprises me) I'll start one off and update this thread when it's there.

Cheers,
Andy Stewart