[LRUG] lrug at qcon?

JB Steadman jb at pivotallabs.com
Thu Feb 14 11:28:06 PST 2013

Hey, I've been talking with Murray and Gwyn about possibly organizing an
LRUG event at QCon, the evening of Thursday March 7th, like these other
groups:

http://qconlondon.com/london-2013/usergroups/

QCon will give us a room and some refreshments. We'll add beer. We'd need
to provide some minimal level of content. Given the nature of the
conference, perhaps a panel on Ruby in the enterprise might be appropriate.

Following this week's LRUG discussion about the Ruby job market, the
potential benefit here is in marketing Ruby in the enterprise, and in
meeting some folks from other strange worlds. It's hard to say how much
QCon crowd we might draw.

Would anyone have interest in attending? In being on a panel or giving a
lightning talk? With maybe a dozen LRUGers on board it might be worth
trying.

--
JB Steadman
Pivotal Labs - London