[LRUG] Join us as Apps for Good Expert

Jakub Prudzienica jakub at doppio.jp
Wed Jan 30 04:43:38 PST 2013

Dear All,

A bit of a plug here, but for a good cause!
As a Lead Developer in Apps for Good I would like to make you aware of our voluntary programme. And to be on the subject of LRUG, yes, the Apps for Good platform is built in Ruby on Rails :-)

You might already know us: Apps for Good is running an open-source course where young people learn how to build and market mobile applications. This year, we are working with 100 schools across the UK and more than 5000 students aged 11 to 18.

We're seeking for developers who are keen to share their skills and knowledge that enable our school children turn their app ideas into reality.

How does it work? Through a one hour video call via Skype, you listen to and advise teams in different stages of their projects.

It couldn't be easier:

1. Go to http://appsforgood.org/expert-community/ and sign up as our "expert"
2. Visit your profile and fill an expert request that fits your diary and expertise
3. Swap details with the teacher and hear about the app projects
4. Dial-in to a 1 hour video call via Skype
5. Listen to students pitching their apps and give feedback on their questions
6. Have fun!

Please let our students pick your smart brains for an hour talk - they'll really appreciate it!
If you have any questions, please drop me a line on: experts at appsforgood.org

Many thanks,
--
Jakub