[LRUG] Ruby on Red

Alex Heeton alex at heeton.me
Fri Jul 26 09:01:17 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

As much as we love crowds and free beer, @BrendanMurphy and I fancy a
change.

We've experimenting with "Ruby on Red" - a small 8-person meetup where we
focus on good discussion around Ruby, programming & tech in general. And
wine.

Note: RECRUITERS ARE NOT WELCOME (even a developer building a team). If
your main reason for attending is to network and be selfish, the wine gods
will smite you down and your drink will turn to vinegar in your mouth.
Also, you won't be welcome again.

We're hoping that some of you lovely lot will attend, and future events can
be sort of invite-only. The community will hold a password and share it
with other people who want to come and have a nice discussion.
*Maybe that's a dumb idea, we'll see :) *

The next event is on Thursday (1st August) and we've had good feedback from
the couple we've done so far. It's £10 for a ticket, you can book a place
at rubyonred.eventbrite.co.uk

Hope to see a couple of you there,
~Alex (& Brendan)

P.S. There's another Design event - Design &
Wine<http://www.designandwine.co.uk> -
and feel free to make suggestions for other meetups with silly puns for
names. Carber.NET? Java & Java?