[LRUG] [JOBS] amee is hiring RoR/Java developer, Old Street, London

Andi Studer andi.studer at gmail.com
Wed May 8 09:10:10 PDT 2013

Hi all,
an additional position has been approved here at amee. This time with RoR
as main focus - see description below.

We are in progress of recruiting now, so please contact us as soon as you
can. ... and/or hit me up at this Monday's LRUG meeting.

Andi

*Ruby on Rails Developer, Old Street, London

May /June  2013, full time, permanent

Salary: from £45,000 to £50,000 per annum

At amee <https://www.amee.com/>, we are looking for an experienced
developer to fill a permanent position ideally starting end of May 2013.

You will be working as part of a 5 person scrum on a number of Ruby on
Rails and Java projects. We follow agile methodologies and expect you to be
working from our office in London’s East End with the rest of the team and
product owners. Your main focus will be on ameeProfile<https://www.amee.com/>,
our environmental business directory written in Ruby on Rails, and
interfacing via a RESTful API with a back end application written in
Java/Groovy.

We're looking for someone with strong Ruby on Rails experience and who is
confident to work within the existing BDD process using Cucumber. The ideal
candidate is happy to work across the full stack, including learning new
technologies if necessary. There's plenty of scope for involvement in the
direction of our technology, and if you're the expert in something, you'd
be expected to take the lead.

The RoR web stack includes:

   -

   Ruby 1.9.3
   -

   Rails 3.2
   -

   Rspec
   -

   Cucumber
   -

   Haml
   -

   Sass
   -

   JavaScript/CoffeeScript
   -

   Elasticsearch

Projects are currently deployed with Capistrano to an AWS instance and are
served by MySQL databases (Amazon RDS).  For the near future, we are
looking to migrate some of our applications to Heroku. Source control is
done using Git (GitHub).

About us

amee’s mission is to provide credible environmental data on every
organisation in the world, starting with 2.1 million in the UK. We believe
that providing free access to this information will enable businesses,
governments and consumers to make better decisions about the use of our
planet’s resources.

We have created a unique and open network where every organisation can
update, compare and share environmental data for free. Our big data
analytics enables large businesses to quickly and effectively assess their
supply chains so they can reduce risk and increase efficiency. Small
businesses can use amee’s quick and credible online tools to report
sustainability and promote themselves to leading organisations seeking
sustainable suppliers.

 We are a team of software, data and sustainability professionals
passionate about helping our clients harness the competitive advantages
that can be achieved through better supply chain management and more
efficient use of natural resources.

If you are interested or have any questions please get in touch via
jointheteam at amee.com

https://www.amee.com

*

On 24 April 2013 09:51, Matt Spendlove <matt at cenatus.org> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I currently work as a consultant at amee.
>
> We starting to schedule the first interviews this week but still open to
> new applicants. Please get in touch asap if you're keen.
> The projects cover quite a lot of tech and it's certainly not all
> mandatory. We're looking to find somewhere with the right attitude who's
> willing to get stuck in and especially keen to talk to those involved with
> the Ruby community.
>
> Best
>
>   --
> *Matt Spendlove - Cenatus*
> 458 Hackney Road, London E2 9EG
> +44 (0)7976 609379
> http://cenatus.org
> http://netaudiolondon.org
>

> On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Andi Studer <andi.studer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>> here at amee <https://www.amee.com/>, we are looking to extend the team
>> with RoR/Java developer - see full job description below.
>>
>> Hit me up for questions, or if interested post your CV to
>> jointheteam at amee.com
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andi
>>
>> Recruiters: please don't contact us at this stage.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Starting April/May 2013, full time, permanent
>> Salary: from £45,000 to £50,000 per annum
>>
>> At amee, we are looking for an experienced developer to fill a permanent
>> position ideally starting end of April 2013.
>>
>> You will be working as part of a 5 person scrum on a number of Ruby on
>> Rails and Java projects. We follow agile methodologies and expect you to be
>> working from our office in London’s East End with the rest of the team and
>> product owners.
>>
>> Your main focus will be on ameeProfile, our environmental business
>> directory written in Ruby on Rails, and interfacing via a RESTful API with
>> a back end application written in Java/Groovy using Spring; as a minimum
>> you'll need to be comfortable working in these two environments.  We're
>> looking for someone who's happy to work across the full stack, including
>> learning new technologies if necessary - of course the team will help with
>> this as much as possible.  There's plenty of scope for involvement in the
>> direction of our technology, and if you're the expert in something, you'd
>> be expected to take the lead.  You don't need specific experience with all
>> our tech, but any you do have is a bonus.
>>
>> The RoR web stack includes:
>>
>> Ruby 1.9.3
>> Rails 3.2
>> Rspec
>> Cucumber
>> Haml
>> Sass
>> Elasticsearch
>>
>> The platform stack includes:
>>
>> Java 7
>> Maven
>> Restlet
>> Spring 3
>> Hibernate
> [...]

New address - please update your records:
115 Markhouse Avenue
London E17 8AY