[LRUG] [JOBS] Internship opportunity

Yannick Wurm y.wurm at qmul.ac.uk
Sat May 11 10:25:46 PDT 2013

Dear LRUG,

I'm just starting up my laboratory at Queen Mary U London. We have two
research themes: understanding which genes are involved in social
behavior of ants. And developing insanely great tools for biologists.

We currently have an opportunity for a 6 month internship that would
be very relevant for an experienced young rubyist or front-end
developer wanting to work on a high-impact problem, and/or someone
wanting to gain familiarity with the exciting worlds of genomics
and bioinformatics. See [1] for detailed description.

Development stack includes: Ruby, DataMapper, Sinatra, JavaScript,
AngularJS. We're open source [2][3].

Part time (>=50%) or more. Because we're in bootstrapping phase we
cannot pay more than london living wage for now.

If interested, please get in touch.

[1]: http://yannick.poulet.org/2013-04-CrowdSourcingBio.pdf
[2]: https://github.com/yeban/afra
[3]: https://trello.com/board/afra/510c69364b0f824156000a79