[LRUG] [JOBS] Instructors at Makers Academy

Evgeny Shadchnev evgeny.shadchnev at gmail.com
Wed May 22 08:39:02 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm a founder of Makers Academy, an intensive, full-time course teaching
the basics of web development using Ruby (http://www.makersacademy.com/).
Many people believe that it's impossible to learn the basics of web
development in just ten weeks but you'd be surprised to know how much a
hard-working student can achieve in those 10 weeks :)

We started Makers Academy to do two things: help tech companies hire
technical talent and to help people switch careers (being a Ruby dev is
awesome!). We are a young VC-backed startup looking to change the way
developers are taught.

I'm looking for instructors to help people switch careers into web
development. It's a full-time job that involves lots of pairing with less
experienced developers. If you make someone really understand how inject()
works, it counts as a day well spent :)

We're also looking for guest speakers. If you'd like to share your
experience with our students by giving a one-off Ruby-related talk, drop me
a line, I'll buy you a lunch.

We're based near Old St (one minute from Google Campus). I'm looking to
hire on a contract basis first (£350-450/day) with a view of
switching to a permanent position later. Email me if you'd like to know
more please.

Evgeny Shadchnev
Co-founder at Makers Academy
http://www.makersacademy.com/