[LRUG] Where would you look for a job or next hire?

Steve Buckley sbuckley at globalpersonals.co.uk
Thu May 23 12:49:16 PDT 2013

Shameless plug: http://hackerjobs.co.uk

In all honesty, we've actually recruited a couple of rubyists (amongst others) via HJ here at Global.
Facebook UK started using it recently and the feedback so far has been really solid.

Thayer: Hacker Jobs doesn't allow recruiter posts so it may not be much use to you!

The Hacker News 'Who's Hiring' thread is surprisingly effective if you word your post right.

- Steve Buckley

On 23 May 2013, at 20:39, Evgeny Shadchnev <evgeny.shadchnev at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had very good experience with 3desk. Its founder Tom Savage is very helpful when it comes to finding great talent.
>
> Evgeny
> Makers Academy co-founder
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 23 May 2013, at 19:03, Thayer Prime <thayer at team-prime.com> wrote:
>
>> tl;dr > What jobs board do you use (or would you if you had to..) look
>> for a new job? / Have you successfully used any boards to hire ruby
>> devs?
>>
>> Longer > Normally I source folks from my personal/professional network
>> for teams we build for clients, but in the last year and future
>> facing, demand has out striped what that can supply in a timely
>> fashion, and I'm starting to *consider* advertising. I'm very wary of
>> it though, my personal ethos is the best folks come from
>> recommendations and head hunts. But hey, I'm up for giving it a try.
>>
>> Also, if you've recruited yourself (as a direct company or agency) and
>> have any tips on which boards have good developers on, that'd be very
>> useful too.
>>
>> I was thinking of starting with GitHub and StackOverflow. I'll report
>> back on how I get on if anyone would find it useful.
>>
>> --
>> Thayer Prime
>> --------------------
>> CEO & Founder
>> Team Prime Ltd
>> http://www.team-prime.com
>>
>> http://www.linkedin.com/in/thayerprime
>> http://www.thayerprime.com
>> @Thayer

Steve Buckley
Technical Recruitment Manager @globaldev
P: 	01753 271289
M:	07538 647117

--

Global Personals is a limited company registered in England and Wales.

Registered number: 04880697

Registered office: Minton Place, Victoria Street, Windsor, Berkshire, SL4
1EG, United Kingdom