[LRUG] Difficult second album

Mark Burns markthedeveloper at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 16:09:03 PDT 2013

Thanks Paul,

It's a good point, you're right. It's difficult to sketch out exactly how
much information to convey and at what level to pitch it at.

I like the siren call idea. If you see pattern A, you might want to try
solution B.
Solution D is also relevant, but maybe not until you start to get C
happening.

It would be good to express a few examples of well known maxims/idioms and
what issues these solve. Along with situations where they may not be
appropriate.

Maybe with examples simple enough that anyone can imagine the progression
through into larger and more complex systems, even if they haven't
experienced that progression first-hand.

Basically, I can't teach you Thai, Vietnamese or Japanese, but I could help
you learn to spot the differences between them. You can learn a few
greetings and recognize them when confronting them, but you're going to
need to do some self study to learn anything of value, and you'll need to
live there to be fluent.

I think I'd probably want to focus more on aspects of moving away from
monoliths if focusing on anything. Especially as that probably sounds
closer to that title.