[LRUG] Activerecord Oracle Adapter - *not* the 'enhanced' one

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 03:15:48 PDT 2013

I thought I might have a copy because I did some work on a project that was
going to ship against Oracle.  Turns out it was such a frustrating process
that I deleted the project after it didn't go ahead, rather than keeping it
lying around just in case.  Sorry!

You could always check the last version that shipped with rails, depending
on where the changes have been made, this might be good enough.

https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/1-2-stable/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/oracle_adapter.rb

Adapters other than mysql, pg and sqlite were all extracted from rails for
2.0, so you are looking for something 5 or 6 years old now.  Which is, of
course, deep archaeology in code years.

I think the real problem might be that activerecord-oracle-adapter might
never have been pushed to rubygems.org and only have lived on
gems.rubyonrails.org, which doesn't exist now.  Neither does
svn.rubyonrails.org where the code used to live.

Perhaps the first commit to the current oracle enhanced adapter might be
what you are looking for as it was forked from v1.0.0.9216 (I assume that's
an svn rev?) of the original adapter.  This does assume that the initial
commit has no work other than importing the original adapter, which might
not be true (based on a cursory glance).

https://github.com/rsim/oracle-enhanced/commit/57279809156fc089a70d9780eed958b4db3dc13c

Muz