[LRUG] Activerecord Oracle Adapter - *not* the 'enhanced' one

Michael Pavling pavling at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 03:47:17 PDT 2013

On 30 September 2013 11:15, Murray Steele <murray.steele at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think the real problem might be that activerecord-oracle-adapter might
> never have been pushed to rubygems.org and only have lived on
> gems.rubyonrails.org, which doesn't exist now.  Neither does
> svn.rubyonrails.org where the code used to live.

This is what I had discovered :-(

https://github.com/rails/rails/blob/1-2-stable/activerecord/lib/active_record/connection_adapters/oracle_adapter.rb

Awesome! It's not *quite* the same as the gem version - some differences in
the column quoting - but it's close enough to make the hacks in the code
here really stand out.

Now I just need to try to work out *why* they've messed with dates, and see
what happens if I put the enhanced adapter in! :-)

Cheers Murray.

Michael