[LRUG] [JOBS] Pre-launch business looking for in-house dev

Alan Buxton alanbuxton at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 11:55:15 PDT 2014

Dear all

A company I'm involved with - DealGlobe -  is looking for an
Angular/Ruby/Rails dev to become their first in-house web developer.

We are close to launch (full blurb is below) and have been working with an
offshore agency to this point. We are now looking for a "middleweight" or
"keen lightweight" dev to bring the web development in-house and build it
out. You will also be working alongside some very experienced Java devs who
are working on our backend algorithms and data aggregation. You will have a
great deal of control and autonomy over the web app but will be able to lean
on additional muscle as you see fit. We do expect to keep working with the
offshore agency so you won't be completely alone.

We are realistic about salaries and equity. (I'm interested in seeing how
Sam's survey pans out). Given the choice between building a beautiful bit of
software and building a valuable business I tend towards the "build a
valuable business" approach - though I do genuinely believe the two are less
antagonistic objectives than you'd often guess. Expect hectic deadlines,
changing requirements, demanding stakeholders. As with any other early-stage
business.

The company is based at the Level 39 accelerator in Canary Wharf (worth
setting up an interview just to enjoy the view. And forget table football.
you have to see their iPad-powered coffee machine . I kid you not). You will
need to be able to come into the office regularly to work with key
stakeholders, but can balance that with remote working as appropriate.

If you are interested please mail info at dealglobe.com or feel free to mail me
off-list if you have any more questions.

Full blurb of the company:

DealGlobe is a company analytics and deal matching platform across Europe
and China. It enables the users to gain company insight and connect with the
right people for investment opportunities, partnership deals, and potential
sales leads. The platform aggregates data from a range of different data
sources using different structures, all combined in one easy to use and
highly functional interface. Users are entitled to view comprehensive
business information and market intelligence reports provided by third party
data partners or generated by the users. It also provides members exclusive
access to live deal opportunities uploaded by other users through D-Live
platform and identifies potential business partners based on complex machine
learning algorithms. The company is support by UK Trade & Investment through
the Sirius program and has offices in both London and Shanghai.

Kind regards

Alan

P.S. Apologies if you've seen this twice - I asked the ops manager to make
the posting initially but her posting didn't seem to make it through
Murray's filter. Fair enough, it would have been her first posting.