[LRUG] [JOBS] contract & permanent at Retechnica

Marco Iannone marco.iannone at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 02:44:56 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

Retechnica <http://www.retechnica.com>is looking for two developers, one is
a 4-6 weeks contract​​
, the other role is permanent.
​
Both will focus on our core product Ingenia <http://www.ingeniapi.com>, an
API that enables you to create a bespoke categorisation for your content,
which you can then use to build new ways of navigating it, for the
recommendation/personalisation engine we provide, to analyse it, to
summarise it, etc.

If you like complex, genuinely innovative products, machine learning, APIs,
data, this might be your thing.
[OT: let me know if you want to have a bit of a play with Ingenia.]

The stack is Ruby, Postgres, Linux, Puppet, Git, SOA.

While Ingenia is mainly an API, we have a Rails UI that enables clients to
manage their content. It is proving to be a bit of a killer feature: the
contract role will focus on improving it significantly.
Start date is "as soon as possible", for 4-6 weeks depending on
availability.
Main skills are Rails, JS and JQuery, with the possibility to use JS
frameworks.

The permanent role is essentially full-stack: he/she will be the lead for
the work on the front-end going forward (30-40% of their time), and will
work on all other aspects of the platform. Details here
<http://www.retechnica.com/jobs.php>. We're a team of 6 (5 tech, including
me), growing to 10 within the next 2-3 months.

Practicalities: lots of flexibility in terms of days/week and hours/day,
though location will need to be mainly in office (nice, near Shoreditch)
for the contract. For the permanent role, we will start having people
working remotely in 6 or so months from now. Competitive rates, equity
available for the permanent role.

Let me know if you want to have an informal chat.

Best,
Marco
​

​(We're not looking to work with recruiters, thanks.)
​