[LRUG] Seeking intern position in London

angela ebirim cebirim at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 13:27:07 PST 2014

*Who Am I*
*========*

Hello everyone,

My name's Angela Ebirim and I'm seeking a ruby on rails intern position
here in London.

I attended a Rails Girls London event in April last year and went on to
successfully apply for the Rails Girls Summer of Code software project
where I paired remotely with a coach and another student, both based in the
US, on the Hackety Hack website. Hackety Hack is a Ruby on Rails open
source project designed to help teach people to code in Ruby using graphics
and text. My team was called Team Hackety Hack
http://teams.railsgirlssummerofcode.org/teams/8 and a blog detailing my
contributions can be found here http://teamhackety.wordpress.com/. I also
gave a lighting talk at the SoCoded conference, in Germany, about making my
very first contributions to open source. This can also be found here
http://teamhackety.wordpress.com/2013/09/20/sept-20th-after-socoded.

Since the Summer of Code project ended, I have continued my Ruby on Rails
education, with self study, combining this with a full time job and remote
pairing with a developer a few times a week. However I feel now that this
is the time for me to take the next step in my learning which is to seek a
full time intern role.

I have acquired the following skills in my Rails education so far:-

Familiarity with MVC architecture and understanding of OOP fundamentals
TDD using MiniTest, RSpec and Cucumber
Git
MongoDB
Ruby
Rails
HTML, ERB, HAML
Twitter Bootstrap
CSS
Javascript
Internationalization and Localization of a website
Wireframing

*What Do I Want============*

I'm enthusiastic and passionate about building software but know that I
still have a lot to learn. I'm eager and hungry to learn more and love
challenges. You will find me to be very hard working, detail oriented,
reliable, adaptable and have the ability to learn things quickly. I really
want to develop software, using Ruby on Rails, full time and am seeking a 3
month internship/apprenticeship, here in London working for an experienced
Ruby on Rails developer.

I live in London so meeting up to discuss further wouldn't be a problem.
I'm also available for skype/google hangout interviews.

If this email sounds interesting to you, then please contact me.

Many thanks.

Angela