[LRUG] [JOBS]: Programmer needed to support energy analytics applications

Catherine Bottrill catherine.bottrill at pilio-ltd.com
Tue Jan 21 07:04:51 PST 2014

We are seeking a Ruby-on-Rails programmer to join our team. Pilio Ltd is a
London-based energy management software and consultancy spun-out from the
University of Oxford.  We have 3 core online software products for energy
management and weather data. The software has been established around 3
years and has recently completed a major upgrade. We currently require a
programmer predominantly for maintenance and client delivery; with
occasional project based tasks. Ongoing we require 1.5 days a week (hours
are flexible). Additional hours may be agreed for projects as they arise.

There is potential to expand the role as our R&D development progresses and
client work dictates. An excellent opportunity to work on established
software with well-known clients.

This job is ideal for someone looking for supplementary income or
interested in building a relationship with us to expand into new
development projects.

Position:

Pay:                 £200-£250 per day

Start date:        Immediate

Training:           Can be as early as next week

Qualities:

Self-motivated
Problem-solver
Organized
Time management

Essential Skills:

App development: Ruby on Rails, TDD/BDD with RSpec

Graphing:                   Highcharts (ideally)

Database:                   MySQL

Javascript:                   jQuery

SCM:                          git/GitHub

Sysadmin:                   Linux

Preferable Skills:

Design and layout

User interaction

Some design and user interaction experience beneficial

Application Process

1. Send your CV and examples of your work.
2. Sign-up to a free account on our software www.smeasure.com and add at
least 2 readings (you can make up the data if you wish!) to demonstrate
that you have reviewed the software and in particular the results graphing
and charting. Confirm your login name (or email) with the application. If
you need assistance, emailannah at smeasure.com
3. Provide details of when you may be able to schedule the 10 hours in a
standard week and availability

Please email your application to: catherine.bottrill at pilio-ltd.com

We look forward to hearing from interested candidates.

Best,

Catherine Bottrill
Founder & CEO, Pilio Ltd

--
Catherine Bottrill
Chief Executive

*Shortlisted for the 2014 Ashden Awards*

*The butterfly effect - a small change can have a big impact*
Energy management for your buildings:
UK (for businesses) - www.smeasure.com
UK (for households) - www.imeasure.org.uk