[LRUG] Open Source and the Enterprise

Kerry Buckley kerryjbuckley at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 11:37:52 PDT 2014

On 30 July 2014 at 19:04:45, Gavin Heavyside (gavin at heavyside.co.uk) wrote:
To most of us, me included these days, this goes beyond the scope of what is necessary or proportionate to protect our businesses. With larger, more legally minded enterprises, particularly those with enterprise and/or potentially litigious customers, projects with a CLA or other attribution agreement required for all contributions might be easier to get approval for.
Also important for any policy to distinguish between open source use in products where you actually ship the software, those where it’s used to power services, and those that are purely internal.

Kerry