[LRUG] Open Source and the Enterprise

Sleepyfox sleepyfox at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 01:22:50 PDT 2014

I'd like to add that as former Open Source professional, and a Black Duck
certified... quackpot? That there is software that Black Duck will happily
provide your Enterprisey company with to trace all of your source code and
tell you what OSS is in your project and where the source came from. This
is achieved by source code matching, so even if you stripped the comments
and cut and pasted code from someone's github repo, it will catch it and
attribute it correctly.

This is expensive and a) worthless to most startups/SMEs and b) invaluable
to companies like ARM that @Gavin mentioned.

Fox