[LRUG] [JOBS] Alpha / Beta version, strong full stack RoR developer

Lionel Viet lionel.viet at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 09:16:42 PDT 2014

Hello everyone, very glad to join this group, I am the founder of
www.AssessUp.com <http://www.assessup.com/>, the first objective platform
for detecting and promoting talented professionals.

Previously a structured derivatives trader for 7 years, I spent the last
two years coding full-time the Alpha version in RoR (you can take off 6
months losing my time with Drupal and another 6 months learning RoR and
this means there is one year of development on the current version).

This has been a one-man project for some time, and now that the first round
of seed funding is being raised I want to partner with a strong, technical
full stack RoR developer who would work full-time on the project and help
me in transforming the Alpha version into a good Beta version to be
launched in the first semester of 2015 (followed by an API and SaaS for
medium-sized firms in the second half of 2015). In parallel, a commercial
profile is going to join and bring corporate clients on board (I will focus
on this part too).

Quick job spec:

Rails 4, Git and Heroku, Resque/Redis, Tests, Omniauth, AJAX forms, JQuery
Mobile, Design and UX.

At ease to juggle with multiple features and algorithms: tags, crowdsourced
questions, points, levels, reputation, similarity between users, encryption
(some of our user's data is hidden from us).

Experience scaling a website, developing job boards / corporate HR systems,
managing more junior profiles and contractors would be a plus.

The focus until the end of this Year will be on design and UX, job board,
payment systems.

This is an ambitious project, really disruptive if that still means
something. Revenues are B2C & B2B.

Some more information on:

   -      www.AssessUp.com <http://www.assessup.com/>
   -          a short video on the core features I created long ago
   http://youtu.be/L5BbqV6JiZU
   -          a video of a Pitch created more recently
   http://youtu.be/HI1k5W4PW0A

I will be there on Monday, and will be very happy to chat about AssessUp (I
already came to a lrug event a few months ago, but I didn’t know anyone and
found it hard to meet new people during the drinks). I am the guy with a
white shirt and a strong French accent.

Thanks,

Lionel

Lionel.Viet at AssessUp.com