[LRUG] [JOBS] Developer at Xively - Full Time - London

Levent Ali lebreeze at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 05:05:15 PST 2014

Hello Everyone,

If you are interested in the Internet of Things, we are looking for
experienced developers to join the team here in London.

At Xively, we're building apis and services to help connected product
companies realise their products.

We've been building an evolution of our core product that focusses on
the messaging requirements of connected devices as well as the support
and provisioning tools needed to deploy, debug and manage tens of
thousands of commercial and consumer devices.

Our front-end is built in Rails and our backend services and user
facing apis are predominantly written in Clojure.
Our apis are a mix of classic REST apis and a messaging api based on
the MQTT protocol. Our predominant data store is Cassandra (Datastax
Enterprise) and there is a lot of interesting work to be done around
analysing, reporting and triggering based on device data.

We are running in our own multi data-centre environment.

Essentially you should have
- strong programming skills in ruby and/or clojure
- a willingness to learn and write functional code in clojure
- experience of test driven development and automation
- willingness to pair program
- a strong understanding of HTTP
- experience with messaging protocols (e.g. mqtt, amqp, stomp, openwire)
- some experience with puppet or chef
- understanding of databases
- collaboration experience with product owners
- some experience with javascript (we use jquery and backbone.js)

We work using a github pull request based workflow and have continuous
deployment pipelines setup.

We are a division of LogMeIn and work closely with other teams in
Boston and Budapest and wherever the NOC team are at any given time.

Our office is on Curtain Rd near Liverpool Street Station and includes
such luxuries as an abundance of natural light, foosball, power tools
and hardware to hack on (from arduinos to ar drones).

If you would like to find out more, drop me an email here or levent at xively.com

Thanks for your time
Levent

PS: Recruiters: I cannot work with you as we have our own in-house team.