[LRUG] Juniors

Andrew Appleton andysapple at gmail.com
Wed May 21 07:09:32 PDT 2014

We take on Junior developers full time and as paid interns at GoCardless and have so far had nothing but good experiences. Invest some time upfront with a more senior developer and we’ve found we have a really enthusiastic employee who brings a new perspective to problems and who works well as part of our team.

> I've got a few teams/lone developers which take Juniors on as unpaid interns.
How many fresh graduates can afford the luxury of doing 6 month’s unpaid work? Unpaid internships just seem so immoral, a company is not doing you a favour by offering an unpaid internship, they’re just getting free labour.