[LRUG] Juniors

Michael Mokrysz sites at 46bit.com
Wed May 21 15:45:17 PDT 2014

> How many fresh graduates can afford the luxury of doing 6 month’s unpaid
work? Unpaid internships just seem so immoral, a company is not doing you a
favour by offering an unpaid internship, they’re just getting free labour.

Worse being treated as that worthless really drags down your career
expectations. Unpaid internships aren't "you help us for a bit and we'll
train you in return for salary" they're absolutely "we value your time at
zero." I've learnt very well (as an undergrad with a couple of years prior
experience) that mentions of unpaid internships are a red flag even if you
do eventually get a decent pay offer.