[LRUG] [JOBS] Short-term contract

Peter Inglesby peter.inglesby at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 00:52:09 PST 2014

Hi LRUG,

TL;DR: we're looking for somebody to package up a command line tool so that
it can be easily installed on any platform.

I work for OpenCorporates, and we have the largest open database of company
data in the world.  We get much of our data from the Open Data community
who write scrapers for us.  We have a command line tool, written in Ruby,
which people use to run their scrapers and to submit their scraped data.

Currently, the tool must be installed as a gem, which is distinctly
suboptimal, especially for non-Ruby programmers.  We're looking for
somebody to show us how to package the tool so that it can be easily
downloaded and installed on OSX and Windows.  I suspect this is fairly
straightforward if you've done this kind of thing before and is probably no
more than a day's work.

Please get in touch if you're interested, or know somebody who might be.

Many thanks,

Peter Inglesby