[LRUG] Lessons Learnt From Geeking On The Coffee

Ezo Saleh lrug at ezosaleh.com
Mon Sep 15 07:17:23 PDT 2014

Hola Elrug,

As I suspected, you guys love the coffees with a passion ;)

After my last email to the list, I got to meet and chat with some very good
people.

Each with an interesting story/tip about sourcing and drinking good
coffee. *I'm
sharing these below (all the way down).*

What was most exciting was that most coffee is enjoyed at work with Coffee
clubs propogating.

You loved a bit of variety - with more than a few subscribing to at least a
couple of suppliers.

However, it seems that coffee at work is still rough around the edges.

*I have a *solution* for this that I would like to pilot.*

So if anyone's up for it, I would love to meet and get your opinion (over
coffee or virtually).

-----------------------------------
 HERE ARE YOUR TIPS
------------------------------------

(Tooling)

The Acacia (super awesome) scale, http://www.acaia.co. Brilliant for
brewing the perfect cup.

(Good sites/apps for finding good Cafes)

* Beanhunter (Worldwide): http://www.beanhunter.com
* London's Best Coffee: http://londonsbestcoffee.bluecrowmedia.com
* The London Coffee Map: http://www.thelondoncoffeemap.com/map

(Brewing)

Most loved apparatus: The V60 (I prefer the Aeropress myself)

(Brewing tips)

Best brewing tip: use the best water! Tesco's Ashbeck Still Water came
highly recomended.

(Tasting)

Some uber geeks were really curious about tasting notes and how to refine
the pallete to fully experience all the flavours.

Thanks!

*PS: I hope I'm still not abusing the mailing list!*

Ezo