[LRUG] Feet up/hands off/phone off managed hosting/peace of mind

Graham Ashton graham at effectif.com
Wed Sep 24 04:24:18 PDT 2014

On 24 Sep 2014, at 12:15, Glenn Gillen <glenn at rubypond.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 7:59 PM, Tim Harding <tim.harding at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to turn my phone off at night, safe in the knowledge that unless we've deployed a pile of crap then anything that goes wrong with our Rails sites will be sorted out
>
> Heroku? Having previously worked there I can confirm that people are most definitely woken at all hours to deal with issues.

This is the main reason I use Heroku. That and the fact that they’ve got some people on the team with very in-depth Postgres knowledge, so if my database gets corrupted they’ll get it back up again faster than I would.

If the worst happens and for some reason they don’t, I’ll deploy to another provider using my off site backups...

--
Graham Ashton
Founder, Agile Planner