[LRUG] "Ignore the trolls"

Matthew Rudy Jacobs matthewrudyjacobs at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:55:09 PST 2015

On Wed, 18 Feb 2015 1:29 am Matthew Rudy Jacobs <matthewrudyjacobs at gmail.com>
wrote:

> (Ignore the trolls.)

Let me apologise for this prefix to my response.

My meaning was meant to be

"why does everything always have to turn into a fight? Someone made a bad
judgement in their writing, we should forgive them and be nice"

So I wrote a deliberately very positive response, in an attempt to counter
the general negativity I see all the time.

 > I'm sure you know, it's very difficult from both sides to find a
"technical cofounder".

> Not only do you retrospectively have to find someone who wholeheartedly
believes in your product,
> But also someone you can get along well enough with to stand together
through the good and the bad times.

> I'm sure it'll be an exciting journey.
>
> Good luck.

 Unfortunately, my bad choice of prefix, actually had the opposite effect.

My intent was reversed, and made things more nasty.

I was called an "apologist for the racists"

As it happens, I am no longer in London, or doing Ruby. But I'd like to
still listen in, and contribute when I can.

So I hope I'm still welcome.

happy new year to you all
洋洋得意

Matthew Rudy 馬泰