[LRUG] [JOBS] Two roles at Shutl: one permanent, one contract

Sam Phillips sam at samsworldofno.com
Tue Jul 14 05:36:44 PDT 2015

Hi All,

Shutl is the startup that's fixing delivery. If you've stood in a post
office queue for an hour or had to have something delivered to your office
and then haul it on the tube home, you know what we're taking about :)

We've been around for 5+ years and so far have been working on super quick
delivery (our record is 13 minutes from order placed to delivery completed)
for big retailers - names like Argos, Hotel Chocolat, Whole Foods, Maplin
and a bunch more. This is just the start of what we're doing. Two years ago
we were acquired by eBay, so we've now got some pretty serious backing and
scale to work with. Remember, something like 30% of all parcels in the UK
originate from eBay.

We're LRUG regulars but you won't have heard us going on and on about
adding to our team - we've not had anybody leave for ages but now we've got
two openings. So, it's a pretty rare opportunity to join us:

* One permanent: one of our team has decided to start an adventure on the
other side of the world :)

* One 6 month contract: one of our team is about to leave to have a baby!

We're a polyglot shop, most of our stuff is Ruby but we also have Java,
Scala, Clojure, Objective-C, Swift as well as a Chef/AWS stack which we're
constantly improving. We also work on core eBay components, which is both
scary and fun! We work hard to deliver continuously (100+ deployments a
week) and to keep our code high quality and maintainable across our 40+
components. We're a mature agile/XP team, we push each other to be better
and we're always learning both in terms of tech, process and product.

There's lots more about the team and how we work on our TechBlog:
http://techblog.shutl.com/

Interested? Apply here:

http://shutl.com/uk/jobs

Any questions, reply or feel free to contact me off list.

Cheers,

Sam
Shutl - Head of Engineering