[LRUG] [JOBS] The People's Operator are hiring

Andrew McDonough andrew at andrewmcdonough.com
Mon Mar 2 06:37:24 PST 2015

Dear LRUG,

About six weeks ago, Thayer posted on the list that she was helping to
build a team to work directly with Jimmy Wales on a new project for The
People's Operator (TPO).  I jumped at the chance to work with the founder
of Wikipedia, and I'm very happy I did.

TPO are now expanding further, and we're hoping to hire another 2-3 mid to
senior level Ruby developers in London to help us expand the company into
the US market.

TPO aims to be an ethical mobile virtual network operator, giving 10% of
each customer's bill to the charity of their choice, and 25% of the
company's profits.

We're interested in speaking to people seeking either permanent or contract
work.

Here is some more information about the job:

# Requirements
* Strong Ruby experience
* Testing (RSpec and Cucumber)
* Experience working in an agile environment
* Good object-oriented design skills
* Passion for writing maintainable code
* Working with APIs (SOAP experience would be useful)

# Technologies we use
* Ruby 2.2
* Rails 4.2
* RSpec
* Capybara
* Cucumber
* Ansible
* Git
* Postgres
* Amazon AWS

If this sounds interesting to you, or you want to discuss further, please
get in contact.

Andrew

--
Andrew McDonough
Lead Rails Developer, The People's Operator
andrew at andrewmcdonough.com
http://twitter.com/andrewmcdonough