[LRUG] [ANN] December meeting details

Murray Steele murray.steele at lrug.org
Mon Nov 16 02:34:34 PST 2015

Hi all,

Our December meeting will be on Monday 14th, hosted by Skills Matter at
CodeNode, 10 South Place, EC2M 2RB.  Doors will be open from 6pm for a
6:30pm start.

Instead of our usual format of a few talks Sam Joseph from Makers Academy
is going to run a CodeWarsJam for us.  “What’s a CodeWarsJam?” I hear you
ask.  Well, in short, it’s a practical evening where we try out some short
programming exercises in teams and then compare and contrast the solutions
we came up with as a group.

Given the size of a typical LRUG meeting we’ll need a handful of volunteers
to act as roving helpers on the night.  You'll need to wander around being
generally helpful and approachable, doing things like: clarify the
exercises; nudging teams in the right direction if they seem stuck or going
down the wrong rabbit hole; support for the tech used to run the
codewarsjam; &c &c.  If that sounds like something you could do get in
touch with me directly and we’ll work out some arrangements for preparation.

There’s more info about the CodeWarsJam and the rest of the meeting on
http://lrug.org/meetings/2015/december/.

As usual, the event is free, but you must register with Skills Matter if
you’d like to attend.  To register, follow these simple steps:

1. Read http://readme.lrug.org/, paying particular attention to the code of
conduct
2. Visit https://skillsmatter.com/meetups/7566-london-ruby-usergroup and
let Skills Matter know you’re coming
3. Attend!

We also have the meeting on http://lanyrd.com/2015/lrug-december/ which is
where we’ll link to any artefacts from the meeting (videos, slides,
write-ups, code, &c) afterwards.

See you all on the 14th!

Cheers,

Murray