[LRUG] resolving JS dependencies on deploy

Paul Battley pbattley at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 08:26:08 PST 2015

On 19 November 2015 at 16:13, Mark Burns <markthedeveloper at gmail.com> wrote:
> IMHO the tooling around the node ecosystem feels a lot more modern and
> suited to the task than the cludgy asset pipeline.
> Things like webpack, ES6, requirejs etc are fantastic for modern js
> development.

This all seems a bit woolly - "more modern" and "fantastic" vs
"cludgy" - but it doesn't tell me very much. Specifically, what makes
it better? What cludginess can we avoid?

Ripping out and replacing a (mostly) working system is a significant
undertaking, but if there are significant tangible benefits it would
be really useful to know what they are.

Paul.