[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby developer for Composed.com music streaming

Ed Davey ed at veryreal.co.uk
Fri Oct 9 04:33:04 PDT 2015

Having recently filled a devops position through the list, here's another job posting:

Composed.com is a classical music streaming service owned by Universal. We have 3 client apps (iOS, Android and React) and a lot of backend systems (mainly Ruby) for handling content. We are currently a team of 8, now expanding to 10.

We're looking for our 2nd Ruby developer to help develop the API and all the supporting content and information systems as we expand into new territories and support additional client platforms.

This will be a full-time role. We are based in Olympia, London W14.

The job description and application link is at https://composed.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0htg7/

Inline version:

About Composed
--------------
Composed is an innovative, niche, digital music streaming service and is a subsidiary of Universal Music, the owner of the largest classical music catalogue on the planet. The Composed product experience is borne out of our user-centered approach to design and development.

Composed is currently available in the UK, with an international rollout on the horizon. We’re growing our team to meet the challenges that go with creating the best listening experience possible for our users.

Working on the Composed product presents a unique and exciting challenge to anyone who values working on a consumer product that people genuinely love, in an industry fundamentally disrupted by technology.

About our team
--------------
We are a small, autonomous product team who are passionate about user experience, sustainable workflows and personal development. Our priority is ensuring team members are happy, motivated, and empowered to reach their full potential in an inclusive and supportive environment.

We offer competitive salaries and benefits.

About the role
---------------
As a Ruby developer on the product, you will be an integral part of our multidisciplinary team to ensure that the front-end and mobile developers (ReactJS, Android and iOS) have an excellent API service that’s the backbone for the entire product. You will also help develop and implement a wide range of supporting applications for managing content and business processes.

We have a package-based build pipeline based around Jenkins. We use Scrum and practice continuous delivery.

We’re primarily looking for:

	• strong OO design skills
	• commitment to code quality
	• enthusiasm for the software craft
	• understanding of user-driven development

We’d also like to see:

	• profiling and optimising of high volume web services
	• programming concurrent systems
	• delivering management information systems
	• rolling out global operations tailored to specific territories
	• competence with front-end development (Javascript)
	• experience working in small, multidisciplinary teams

If this sounds like you, and you like the sound of the opportunity, please apply.

No recruiters, please.

Thanks.