[LRUG] [JOBS] Looking for Experienced Developer to Join AlphaSights

Andy Cipolaro andy.cipolaro at alphasights.com
Wed Oct 14 06:32:11 PDT 2015

Hi all,

AlphaSights is looking for an experienced developer to join our software
engineering team in London. The job spec is below and you can visit
engineering.alphasights.com to learn more.

If interested, you can apply directly through our website at
engineering.alphasights.com/positions/ruby-developer. Feel free to follow
up with me if you have any questions.

*About AlphaSights*
Digital connectivity is disrupting businesses across industries and
geographies, and turning the established order upside down. As consumers,
we now enjoy on-demand access to anything from taxis to cleaners and
everything in between. At AlphaSights, we’re bringing the on-demand
revolution to professional knowledge.

Beginning in 2008, we have pioneered a faster, better way for professionals
to access highly specific business knowledge. We do so by connecting our
clients – decision-makers at the world’s top private equity firms, hedge
funds, strategy consultancies and corporations – with industry
practitioners who possess the exact frontline knowledge needed.

With offices in New York City, London, Hong Kong and Dubai, we are now a
worldwide team of 250+ and growing rapidly. To learn more about our
business, visit alphasights.com/careers/what-we-do.

*About the Software Engineering Team*
In a business that recognizes usable software is critical to success, our
software engineering team builds innovative and intuitive products that
supercharge our employees in their everyday work. From telephony and
payment systems to project management solutions, we optimize, automate, and
power AlphaSights.

We practice test driven development, continuous integration & deployment,
and pair programming. We constantly improve our processes and workflows to
ensure we maximize efficiency, quality, and developer happiness.

Constant learning and self improvement is fundamental to our team’s
culture. Our Fridays are dedicated to "continuous improvement" where we
take time to study, practice, explore new technologies, build prototypes,
write blog posts, prepare talks, etc. To learn more about our team, visit
engineering.alphasights.com.

*About the Role*
In this role you'll work in a project team with two week iterations and be
part of iteration planning and retros. Depending on experience you may be
given product and/or technical leadership, in which you'll work with
stakeholders to develop cards, hash out implementation references, and
deliver end to end solutions.

You’ll collaborate with and understand all other functions of AlphaSights
to make thoughtful and creative software decisions. This means you’ll be
trusted to act autonomously and influence processes/workflows, product
direction, and technology choices. We encourage you to seek out and suggest
new languages and services that fit the problem and make long term sense
for the business.

You’ll be writing high quality and maintainable code. Depending on the
project, your focus will be building new applications or scaling existing
ones to the needs of the business. You'll be working primarily with Ruby,
Postgres, and JavaScript, with the opportunity to bring in other languages
that fit (we have a microservice in Elixir too!).

In addition to being a full stack developer, over time you'll master a
specific part of the stack i.e. UI/UX, microservices, DevOps, etc. You’ll
also pair with & coach teammates, review PRs, help others with technical
questions & share your own learnings, and be a part of growing the team.

*What We’re Looking For*
At AlphaSights, we value diversity and individuality. Drawing on a range of
experiences and perspectives better equips us to solve challenging
problems. We believe you’ll be successful at AlphaSights if you:

   - Have experience with programming languages such as Ruby, Javascript,
   Python, Java, Scala, Go, etc.
   - Have experience developing web applications using Rails, Ember,
   Django, Play, etc.
   - Are able to understand difficult problems and develop end to end
   solutions
   - Aspire to lead products, people, and/or technology
   - Enjoy collaborating in project teams and making teammates better by
   teaching and mentoring
   - Are always positive and a little quirky
   - Have excellent communications skills and are fluent in English
   - Take responsibility for leaving things in better shape than you found
   them

If this resonates with you, apply directly at
engineering.alphasights.com/positions/ruby-developer.

No recruiters, please.

Cheers,
Andy

--

*Andy Cipolaro*

alphasights.com <http://www.alphasights.com/>  |
engineering.alphasights.com
229 West 43rd Street, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10036, United States
201 Borough High Street, Office 310, London, SE1 J1A, United Kingdom
Tel *+1 646 224 0725*  |  Mob *+1 973 452 3214*

<https://github.com/alphasights>
<http://careers.stackoverflow.com/company/alphasights>
<https://twitter.com/JoinAlphaSights>
<https://www.facebook.com/alphasightsus>
<https://instagram.com/alphasights/>  <https://www.linkedin.com/in/cipolaro>

We are hiring: Design, Ruby/Rails and JS/Ember
<http://engineering.alphasights.com/#positions>