[LRUG] Thanks for entering the FutureLearn Book Giveaway

Melinda Seckington mseckington at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 04:03:23 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

Thanks to all of you who entered the FutureLearn book giveaway. Congrats to
all the winners, each of which will be receiving a copy of either *Practical
Object Oriented Design with Ruby *or *10 PRINT CHR$(205.5+RND(1)); : GOTO
10*; I’ve emailed everyone who’s won a copy.

I wasn’t exactly eloquent at yesterday’s LRUG, so thought I’d recap what I
wanted to say:

FutureLearn, https://www.futurelearn.com/, is a social learning platform,
backed by the Open University and based in the British Library, offering
free online courses run by many leading universities from around the globe.

We’re really happy that we can sponsor and support the LRUG community. Our
company mission is to provide the best learning experiences to everyone,
and we try to mirror this environment within our company. We want to help
people improve their skills, be it within our team or within the wider
developer community.

Obviously, we’re also hiring: we’re looking for some Ruby Developers to
join our fantastic team, see https://about.futurelearn
.com/about/jobs/ruby-developer/

For more details about how we work, see https://about.futurelearn
.com/blog/?category=making-futurelearn