[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby on Rails Developer - carwow (£40-65,000 p.a depending on experience)

Annie Jackson annie.jackson at carwow.co.uk
Mon Aug 8 03:53:03 PDT 2016

Hi All,

We're carwow <http://www.carwow.co.uk/>- we recognise that the car buying
process is broken and we need you to help us fix it! carwow is an online
marketplace for brand new cars, where consumers can compare discounted
prices and buy directly from dealers. Since launching in 2010 we've; raised
over $25 million in funding, helped sell over £1 billion worth of cars and
grown to over 80 employees over 2 offices in London and Munich. Backed by
some of the world's leading VC’s, carwow is seeking to become the go to
place to buy a new car.

We have an experienced, close-knit tech team who love taking on new
challenges and solving them using the latest tools in web development.
We're looking for a full-stack developer
<https://carwow.workable.com/jobs/207674> who enjoys contributing to
different areas of our constantly evolving systems and is passionate about
delivering a great product to millions of people. For more info on the
challenges we face daily check out our tech blog
<https://medium.com/carwow-product-engineering>.

Our distributed system of Rails services which communicate via Sidekiq and
ActiveJob offer a number of interesting challenges especially as we scale.
On a day-to-day basis we work with Ruby, Javascript, Haml, Sass, Rspec and
Git. Our tech runs on Heroku and AWS. We are practitioners of continuous
deployment which enables us to keep a tight feedback loop with our users
and make changes quickly.

We offer working from home, funding for conferences, a relaxed office
environment, weekly dojos (we're currently learning Elixir), and regular
socials.

We're based in Central London, in between Chancery Lane and Holborn tube
station.

Get in touch if you are interested in a chat or want more info
annie.jackson at carwow.co.uk or apply directly here
<https://carwow.workable.com/jobs/207674/candidates/new>.

P.S - Unfortunately we cannot consider contractors or remote workers for
this position

--

*Annie Jackson *Talent Partner

T: 0800 808 5885

5th & 6th Floor, New Penderel House, 283-288 High Holborn, London WC1V 7HP
http://www.carwow.co.uk

#6 in Startups.co.uk Top 100 of 2016
<http://startups.co.uk/startups-100/2016/6-carwow/>

Check out our YouTube channel!